Cotter was pleased to be on the team for the construction of this beautiful, new state-of-the-art facility for Northwestern’s Business School. Situated right on Lake Michigan, its curved glass façade glistens and reflects the beautiful campus and surrounding site.
Northwestern University | Kellogg School of Management – Global Hub
Located along the shores of Lake Michigan with views of the Chicago skyline, the 415,000 sf, five-story, LEED Platinum Global Hub is home to Northwestern’s full-time Kellogg MBA program and the Department of Economics (within the Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences). Designed by Toronto architect KPMB, the Global Hub was inspired by the School’s vision to rehabilitate business as a constructive and positive force for the benefit of humanity. The building was designed to optimize flexible adaptable learning spaces that include classrooms, faculty and administrative offices, community gathering spaces, and foodservice.
Cotter provided project management services for the building and prepared for occupancy by overseeing furniture move in and installation and phone/AV installation, and managed City reviews and acceptance as the facility approached occupancy.
LEED Platinum Certification
- Architect’s Newspaper: https://archpaper.com/2018/10/global-hub-undulating-facade-lake-michigan/#gallery-0-slide-1
- Facades+: http://facadesplus.com/facades-chicago-will-explore-structural-and-facade-systems-at-dizzying-heights/
- ArchDaily: https://www.archdaily.com/889746/kellogg-school-of-management-kpmb-architects?utm_source=offices&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=just-published
- Architect’s Newspaper: https://archpaper.com/2018/09/facades-chicago-structural-facade-systems/
- Chicago Tribune: https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-ae-best-architecture-2017-kamin-1217-story.html
A formidable cornerstone for the campus’s border with Lake Michigan.
The Architect’s Newspaper
Discover the Kellogg School of Management Global Hub