Anne Edwards-Cotter, CCMPresident
In 1990 Anne Edwards-Cotter founded Cotter Consulting Inc., a certified women’s business enterprise (WBE) that provides program, project and construction management, construction engineering and sustainability services for diverse corporate, public and institutional clients. With a background in civil engineering and professional experience from prestigious firms including Schal Associates, LaSalle Partners, and Walsh Higgins, Anne’s project management expertise and knowledge of Chicagoland’s design and construction industry has benefited countless clients.
She has grown the company to a staff of nearly 100 professionals and built culture that reflects the firm’s core values of integrity, client advocacy, professional excellence, collaboration, and mutual respect. Anne’s strategic planning and management skills enable her to assist in the organization of effective project teams including the establishment of the project or program goals and objectives and defining the roles and responsibilities of the project team. Under her leadership, Cotter is recognized as a purpose-driven organization that contributes to project success and provides value to clients through leadership and results.
Certifications & Licenses
- Certified Construction Manager
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA)
- The Chicago Network
- Illinois Road and Transportation Builders Association – Planning & Design Division Chairperson, 2004 – 2005; Past Chairmen’s Advisory Council, 2008 – Present
- Bradley University Board of Trustees, 2018-Present
- Bradley University Civil Engineering & Construction Advisory Council, 1998 – Present
- Mother McAuley High School – Board Member 2009 – 2015
- Chicago Building Congress – President, 2004 – 2005
- Women’s Transportation Seminar
- Economic Club of Chicago
- Road Builders Charities, Board Member
- Chicago Building Congress, Award of Honor, 2018
- American Road & Transportation Builders Association, 2013 “Ethel S. Birchland Lifetime Achievement” Award
- Federation of Women Contractors (FWC), 2013 “Woman of Achievement” Award
- Bradley University Department of Civil Engineering & Construction, 2011 Outstanding Alumnus Award
- Illinois Road and Transportation Builder’s Association, 2009 Honorary Staff Award
- March of Dimes, 2006 Professional Award
- Mother McAuley High School, 2006 Distinguished Alumna
- University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago Area Entrepreneurship Hall of Fame, 2004 Inductee
We strive to make every client a raving fan with our industry-leading corps of professionals.