Patrick Cotter, PMPVice President, Energy & Project Controls
Project controls expert, Patrick Cotter leads Cotter’s Energy and Project Controls Group. In this role, he is responsible for leading multiple large-scale utility projects. He is experienced in managing and executing every aspect of project controls. As a result, he brings significant experience in the construction and design of utility construction, aviation infrastructure, coal-fired generation, nuclear generation, and air quality control systems. His cost management, scheduling, and planning skills allow him to correctly analyze project issues and recommend effective corrective actions. Patrick is also responsible for strategic planning, business development, division and staff management, and employee development for Cotter’s Energy and Project Controls Group. Patrick is a Planning & Scheduling Professional through AACE International.
Certifications & Licenses
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- OSHA 30-Hour Construction Training
- Planning & Scheduling Professional, AACE International
- American Associate of Cost Engineering (AACE), Vice President, Chicago Chapter
- Chicago Building Congress, Future Leaders
- Illinois Road Builders Association (IRTBA), Emerging Leaders
Rapid change in the energy sector is driving our team to adapt and improve our approach to managing critical infrastructure projects. Being a small part of the monumental effort to improve people's lives, while reducing our impact on the environment, is exciting and motivating.