Dorothy McCarty, AIA, LEED APGroup Manager, Education
Dorothy is the manager of the Higher Education team with over 35 years of experience. Her background as an architect with expertise in building systems and financial analysis supports her approach that projects must be aesthetically, functionally and financially successful. She has extensive experience in all stages of project development and delivery, including assessment of existing conditions, design management, construction project management, life safety implementation, scheduling, budgeting, cost estimating and life-cycle cost analysis. Dorothy believes that strong teams ensure successful projects. Her success in leading educational projects reflects her commitment to relationship-building and passion for positively affecting learning for students of all ages through the built environment.
- Building systems
- Financial analysis
- American Institute of Architects
- Chicago Women in Architecture Foundation, Former Board Member
- US Green Building Council
- Village of LaGrange Plan Commission member (1988-1993)
- West Suburban Concert Band (25+ years)
Awards & Presentations
- The Master Planning Process, December 2018 COAA Workshop
- Public Sector Procurement, April, 2018 ICCCFO Conference
- Life Cycle Cost Analysis, October 2018 ICCCFO Conference
I love learning from varied life experiences and relationships. The work I do is interesting and challenging, and impacts peoples lives by improving the environments they live and work in.