Deeta Bernstein, LEED APGroup Manager, Sustainability
Deeta Bernstein is a project management and sustainability professional with over 25 years of experience leading and implementing cutting edge sustainable projects and initiatives for multiple clients. Deeta is a recognized thought leader in the area of sustainability. She has a thorough understanding of sustainable design and energy conservation principles and strategies, cost savings analyses, building envelope systems, energy audits, and sustainability rating systems.
Deeta has served as the Sustainability Manager for the Public Building Commission of Chicago for over ten years, developing the PBC’s Sustainability process in alignment with City of Chicago Sustainability agenda, and overseeing the completion of over 120 sustainable projects, including 85 projects ranging from LEED Certified to LEED Platinum. She provides program and project level guidance to support clients in defining and achieving their sustainability goals. included providing sustainability services for over 120 Chicago facilities.
- Extensive public sector experience
- Development of sustainability programs
- Sustainability professional
Certifications & Licenses
- LEED Accredited Professional, Building Design and Construction
- Construction Management Association of America (CMAA), Member; 2018 Sustainability Chairperson
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC)
- Building Enclosure Council (BEC), Chicago
- Illinois Green Alliance, Chicago
I am energized by the continuing acceleration and momentum to adopt sustainable practices in our industry and society. Contributing to a more sustainable world is my passion.